- RSL has now scored 39 goals in 24 matches or at a pace of a goal every 55.38 minutes. This is still on pace for a club record.
- The team has given up 26 goals on the season or a goal every 83.08 minutes.
- The last time RSL was shut out in a match was on 4/26 against the LA Galaxy. RSL has yet to play in a 0-0 match this season.
- Alvaro Saborio has scored 9 goals in 925 minutes of play or .88 goals every 90 minutes that he plays.
- When Tony Beltran and Chris Wingert play together, RSL is 10-0-1 in all competitions.
- In the 8 MLS matches that Beltran and Wingert have played together, RSL has only given up 4 goals.
- Beltran has played 1519 minutes on the season with the team giving up 11 goals during that time. That comes out to a goal every 138.09 minutes. When Beltran does not play RSL is giving up a goal every 42.73 minutes.
- Carlos Salcedo has played 631 minutes. During that time RSL has only given up 5 goals or a goal every 126.20 minutes
- Salcedo and Nat Borchers have played together for 540 minutes. RSL has only given up 4 goals during that time or a goal every 135 minutes. This is the best defensive rate among any of the centerback pairings that the team has played.
- RSL has now scored 19 goals at home and 20 goals on the road. They have a goal differential of +13.
- The team has scored 15 goals in the first half of games and 24 goals in the second half of games.
The biggest thing that jumps out is the defensive numbers with Wingert and Beltran in the lineup. RSL is just a much better team when they play. The fact that the team is 10-0-1 when these two players play is incredible, so is the only giving up 4 goals in 8 MLS matches.
Having Salcedo come back is also a huge plus for the team. It is pretty amazing to think that he is only 19 years old. He still is making some mistakes as all young players do, but on the whole he has been wonderful on the back line. RSL has yet to lose a match that he has played in.
Saborio has been on fire since coming back with the team. Overall he has scored 6 goals in the 4 matches that he has played in. He is tied for 5th in the golden boot race and has only played in 11 of a possible 24 matches! That is unbelievable.
It will be interesting to see what RSL is capable of doing for the rest of the season with both the offense and defense playing well.