Some people might think that there are not a lot of stats that would come out of a 0-0 result but I did find some things that I find very interesting. Lets take a look:
- RSL has scored 55 times on the season or a goal every 54.00 minutes. This continues to be the best in the league.
- The team has given up 40 goals or a goal every 74.25 minutes.
- Over the past 5 matches, RSL has only scored 3 times. This comes out to a goal every 150.00 minutes.
- Over the past 3 matches the team has only given up 1 goal or a goal every 270.00 minutes.
- Chris Schuler has played 1350 minutes. During that time RSL has given up 14 goals or a goal every 96.43 minutes (best on the team). When Schuler doesn't play RSL is giving up a goal every 62.31 minutes.
- Schuler and Nat Borchers have played 810 minutes together. During this time RSL has given up 7 goals or a goal every 115.71 minutes. Statistically, this is by far the best center back pairing on the team.
- When Javier Morales plays RSL is scoring a goal every 45.65 minutes. When Morales doesn't play that number drops to a goal every 122.17 minutes. That is a difference of 76.51 minutes longer for goals to be scored when he is not playing!
- Alvaro Saborio and Robbie Findley have played 491 minutes together. During that time RSL has scored 5 goals or a goal every 98.20 minutes. Statistically, this is the worst on the team for all strike partnerships. When that pair does not play RSL is scoring at a rate of a goal every 49.58 minutes.
The return of Chris Schuler has been just the thing that this defense has needed. He has been dominate in the three games since his return. His aerial presence is something that has been sorely missed by the team at times this year. He just seems to win every ball that comes his way in the air. Since his return, the team has only conceded 1 goal. And that goal was when RSL was down a man. Before his return, RSL had given up 2 or more goals in 9 out of their last 12 matches.
I find it really interesting (ironic?) that as our defense comes into form our offense is grinding to a halt. RSL really struggles to score when Morales is not on the field. As he is battling a knock received in training let's hope that he is healthy to go by the time the playoffs starts.